Sunday, September 20, 2009

R U Ready 4 the Rapture?




pssst - this last one, called, simply, The Rapture, was painted by Charles Anderson. It's my long-standing favorite Rapture depiction. Click on it and check out the details - little white dots being raptured out of the airplane, people coming out of graves, car wrecks and mayhem... plus it's the old Dallas skyline as seen driving north into town on I-35. So much to love about this picture. And it looks like you can still get a huge 22 x 28 print of it and lots of other End Time and Tribulation materials from the Bible Believer's Evangelistic Association in Sherman, Texas. Here's their website, although it's hard to imagine that they're still around. I used to see them set up at area flea markets back in the 1980s, and they seemed ancient then. So I would write or email first before sending payment. And I don't see it on their list, but you might inquire if they still sell the nice laminated placemats of The Rapture which are a great witnessing tool when you have friends over for a meal, or maybe just something to contemplate over a solitary Hungry Man TV dinner.

4 comments:

  1. Dang! I had never seen that second rapture picture, that is perhaps the best I've ever seen.. who painted it?. I like the cutaway view inside people's houses. (Jack Chick could've taken that cutaway view idea and done something very sordid with it).

    That first image at the top probably wouldn't terrify folks into wanting to get saved like it's supposed to... it looks more like a still photo from a Talking Heads video or something.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am ready for the rapture. Got my .12 gauge loaed and plan to do some wing shootin'. Be a real pisser to get a few hundred meters up toward heaven and have some redneck (me) bring your saved ass back to earth.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Steve, you *would* spoil for everyone, wouldn't you?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am the turd in the holy water bowl...

    ReplyDelete